$88.00 list price
plus tax & shipping
The Real Cool Book
14 Transcribed Octet Charts of West Coast, 'Cool Jazz' Classics!
- EIGHT SEPARATE BOOKS, in one big binder, for each of the following players, transposed to their keys: Piano — Bass — Drums — Trombone — Trumpet — Alto Sax — Tenor Sax — Baritone Sax
- DOWNLOADABLE HORN PARTS in other keys, so that the charts can be played by groups with different instrumentation. See Downloads button to the right.
- COMPLETE SCORES for band directors also available for download sometime in December 2012
- LISTEN FOR FREE! - Audio versions of at least a portion of each song are at the bottom of this page.
- AUDIENCE-FRIENDLY! - Even people unfamiliar with jazz get caught up in the happy, positive feeling of these swinging, 'cool jazz' arrangements.
- DON'T HAVE AN OCTET? - Start one! Perfect for professional-level, college, or good high school groups.
- 468 pages total - $88 (The most fun you can have for $11 apiece!)
FEATURES OCTET ARRANGEMENTS OF:
- BERNIE'S TUNE - Super-Sax type arrangement of a classic Chet Baker/Gerry Mulligan recording
- BOPLICITY - transcribed from the classic Miles Davis recording Birth of the Cool
- DANCE FOR DADDY - a wonderful Marty Paich arrangement, as recorded by the Dave Pell Octet
- ELLINGTONESQUE - a gorgeous tribute to Duke, from the pen of Lennie Niehaus
- JAVA JUNCTION - the quintessential cool jazz chart, as recorded by the Dave Pell Octet
- MIKE'S PEAK - a swinging Shorty Rogers classic, as played by the Dave Pell Octet
- ROCKER - transcribed from the classic Miles Davis recording Birth of the Cool
- WALKIN' SHOES - one of Gerry Mulligan's most famous tunes, arranged for octet
- WESTWOOD WALK - another happy, swinging Gerry Mulligan original
- YOU'RE MY EVERYTHING - Marty Paich's ebullient arrangement of the Harry Warren standard